Carpeting can do wonders for your home. But unsightly stains, rips, or holes in the flooring can lead to damaging the appearance of the house. In such a case, you may feel that carpet replacement Adelaide is the best option and would be tempted to discard the damaged carpet.
It is natural for the carpet to undergo wear and tear, but replacing cannot be the ultimate solution for all carpet issues. You can hire professional carpet repairs technicians who are proficient and experienced in restoring carpet. Carpet hole repairprofessionals can restore your carpet with carpet patching techniques.
Fortunately, this carpet repair and invisible mending process is simple and requires minimal tools. Even if you are a novice, you can use this technique to restore your damaged flooring. Follow this do-it-yourself procedure:
A hole in the flooring can be caused due to several reasons, such as pets, heavy furniture, burns, pests, etc. Fortunately, carpet patching technique makes carpet hole repair easy. Take a look at these steps and repair your carpet like a professional carpet hole repair Adelaide technician.
1. Procure a piece of carpet that matches the damaged flooring. If you do not have a remnant or matching carpet, you can harvest it from a hidden spot, such as behind the closet, under the bed, or behind the door.
2. Use a sharp utility knife and start cutting the damaged area (Do not cut into the padding unless it is damaged).
3. Now use this as a template and cut a new piece from the remnant carpet. Ensure that the carpet fibres on the fresh patch match the direction. The patch should be an exact match to the damaged area that you cut earlier.
4. Use a strong adhesive and apply a layer over the back of the new patch. Ensure that you apply an even layer of glue. Now position the patch in the cut-out area, with the pile running in the same direction. Gently run the hand over the fibres to cover up the carpet repair
5. Place some weights and allow the adhesive to dry overnight. Glide a vacuum to remove broken fibres.
Sometimes, professional carpet hole repair technicians use this technique to repair severely stained spots.
If you have followed the process closely, you are very likely to achieve results like a pro. But if you feel this is too much for you to handle, hire an expert carpet hole repair technician in Canberra. Professionals are trained, experienced, and have the latest tools to offer the most desirable results and save you from the carpet replacement Adelaide option.